I hear the excuses all the time, “I just need to lose a few more pounds,” “I’m not pretty enough,” “I don’t have enough confidence to do THAT,” the list goes on. I’ve heard it all, heck, I’ve SAID it all about myself. So, what makes the ladies that come in get up that gumption to say “Let’s do this!”
- It’s a great way to celebrate a milestone. It doesn’t matter if it’s a milestone for you, your relationship, or anything else, today is important! It will never be here again! So why not jump in and try something new? Why not see what everyone else is talking about and try it? We all put ourselves out there everyday, and I see all the memes on Facebook saying that “Growing starts at the end of our comfort zone” and if it’s on Facebook, it must be true right? But in all seriousness, that is true, this is just another way to have an adventure and see yourself in another light.
- It’s a confidence boost! Boy oh boy, I hear it every single time! It’s a rush, a thrill! You will end up strutting your sexy self around all day and even longer! Who knew that you had it in you? We are often moms, wives, daughters, and so much more. It’s ok to add “Bombshell” to your list of everything you are! And why not? Confidence is the sexiest thing a person can wear!
- You get to go shopping! Yep, no pants for the kids or undies for the hubby, this is about YOU. What makes you feel pretty? Sexy? What awakens the sleeping goddess in you that had been dormant for too long? Even if you aren’t a shopper, the world of online shopping is amazing! I will yell from the rooftops how much I can find on Amazon, seriously. I’ve even had ladies who told their friends they were doing this and the friends all chipped in more sexy stuff that they had for the client! How cool is that, getting to bond with your besties?
- You get to celebrate YOU. It doesn’t matter if it’s for your anniversary with your honey, or because someday you want to look back on these and say WOW. Today is your day, all about you! You come in all dolled up, or have Tasha take care of you here, you get to have some of the prettiest lingerie, or maybe shoes, or jewelry and you get to be glamorous! A model in your own right! What? You don’t know how to model? Put yourself in my capable hands and I will walk you through every little step and we will laugh, have fun, play dress up!
- Celebrate being a woman! We are incredible beings! Every curve, stretch mark, dimple, it’s all earned. Our bodies tell the stories of our amazing lives! So often we learn that we are way stronger than we ever knew. Celebrate it! You are amazing, you are strong, you are independent, you are smart, you are beautiful, you are enough. Love yourself, don’t waste life believing that you will never be good enough. Know that you already are.
Approximately 91% of women are unhappy with their bodies
Approximately 91% of women are unhappy with their bodies and resort to dieting to achieve their ideal body shape. Yet, only 5% of women naturally possess the body type often portrayed by Americans in the media (sorce dosomething.org) Enough is enough! Why do we have to fight against the media? Why are they allowed in our homes and our minds, letting them say that we are not good enough? I’ve heard both sides of the argument, from fat and skinny shamers, to people just struggling from day to day trying to love themselves. It’s not about being too curvy or too skinny, we have the body we have, so why can’t it be good enough? From now on, there will be no more apologizing for your body! To often, ladies come in apologizing for their perceived flaws, and this is not acceptable! Come in, and be unapologetic for yourself, I will not judge you. I have never thought, omg that woman’s ________ is so ugly! We are all human, I have seen the most beautiful women be insecure! Do not apologize for being yourself, for being brave, or confident, for you have no reason. You ARE beautiful, I don’t just tell you that for business, I believe it from the bottom of my soul. You are allowed to love yourself, and your flaws. So, to add to today, tell another woman you may see, that she is beautiful. Tell a stranger, a friend, a family member. We don’t hear it enough so it is up to us to spread the love. You may just make someone’s day😊 And if you want to follow me as I delve into the world of blogging, sign up below to be the first to read them and learn about special offers! Love you ladies, flaunt it!
It’s come to that time when it’s time for me to grow.Constantly pushing myself to stretch outside the box that is my everyday life.
It’s come to that time when it’s time for me to grow. Constantly pushing myself to stretch outside the box that is my everyday life. Being a photographer for 15 years now, I feel like I’ve learned more in the past 12 months that I have in the previous 14 years. That being said, I love where I’m at, I’m suppose to be here, I’m supposed to be someone. There is so much transformation that comes with photography, watching my clients grow, age, change, get married, become single, but so much of it starts in front of my lens. Doing Boudoir, and other types of photography not usually considered “typical” allows me to meet some of the best, most brave, and open people in my trade. I watch the shy ladies that come in for their first Boudoir shoot, nervous, maybe shaking, maybe having to drink some liquid courage just to get here, but they come, regardless of how scared they might be. I watch them change over the course of that hour, from scared and self conscious, into confident women that finally know just how gorgeous and amazing they are. They deserve to feel beautiful, we all deserve that. I’ll leave this first one short, but know, I do notice, you are beautiful, and you are enough.